Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Autobiography of a Werewolf Hunter

As an introductory casting call on this blog, on which I will post casting calls nd various other shit about movies and Nerdvana, I decided to cast a movie, which I envision being called Autumn Moon, based on the book Autobiography of a Werewolf Hunter by Brian P. Easton (available from Permuted Press).  This book and movie is the autobiographical account of a young man raised on hate to be a werewolf hunter.  It is a story about the danger of being so consumed with hate that you become as inhuman as what you seek to destry, and end up destroyig yourself i the process.  Unfortunately the book is heavy on the details and life story that a movie just couldn't accomplish.  For one thing you would have to cast the main character and his mentor at three distinct ages or use special effects to make them different ages.  So for those of you who have read the book, the movie I envision starting after Logan has left the Army, with Prior details being filled in as backstory and maybe a few flashbacks.  As I said earlier, this is unfortunate because so much of the story comes from Logan's early life.  Anyway, on to the casting...

Josh Holloway as Logan
Over the years many actors have been tossed around as "the best" man to play the main character.  Unfortunately many of them, I'm thinking particularly of Daniel Day Lewis, are far to old to play Logan now.  The "best man" right now, in my opinion, is Josh Holloway.  Best known as the surly and sarcastic James "Sawyer" Ford on Lost, Holloway is tall, good looking, and most importantly can pull off the scruffy, mean, bad ass that you just can't help but root for even if you don't want to.  I have to give my Brother Christian credit for this casting, as he is the forst person to suggest it.
Second choice goes to William Fichtner, although he too may be too old.

Q'orianka Kilcher as Samantha
Ok so she's not Canadian First Nation, but she played Pocahontas (admittedly in a terrible movie).  And she is Native American.  Plus she is hot, can act, and has a vulnerable quality that is needed for the role.

Rebecca Mader as Tanya Clemmons
I know, another Lost alum, but I think this actress can pull off sexy, while not beautiful, while still managing to be the kind of woman who would intimidate most men.

Russell Means as Michael Winterfox
Since Floyd Red Crow Westerman is dead.  Might need a little bit of makeup to make him look older.

Christopher Walken as Diego
The Author himself pegged this one, and I totally agree.  Walken does snister like nobody else.
Second coice: Kevin Spacey (weird, I know, but he could do it.)

Ginnifer Godwin as Joanna
Joanna is described as looking like a pixie and being basically wholesome, nobody else even came to mind.

Hugo Weaving as Dan Rogier
The role needs someone who can pull off beareucrat as well as international espionage badass.  Who better than agent Smith/Red Skull/Inspector Aberline?

and...
Jackie Earle Haley as Digger.

Be ack again soon for something else.  I think I'm going to cast The Stand Sice I've been reading about the upcoming movie.  I'll also be back to post and ramble about other movie and nerd stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Without getting into the other characters, Rogier has been something of a mystery to me lately. Brian and I haven't got to have a real chat about it yet, but the draft version of Rogier had him looking like a cross between Craig T. Nelson and Gerald Mcraney, and some other bald actor I can't think of atm. It is great to see what you, Brian, and I all come up with for these characters. Sometimes I'm with you, sometimes I'm with Brian, but most of the time I'm out on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian says Rogier is Gabriel Byrne. He approved my choice, but he says Byrne has always been his Rogier.

    ReplyDelete